Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stir Fry Leek with Chinese Sausage

Pin It Now!
Pin It
My mum used to prepare this dish during Chinese New Year, especially the 2nd day. After the reunion dinner mostly we have leftovers (roast pork, chicken etc) which go well in stir fry leek. Leek is another auspicious ingredient for Chinese New Year.  “” in Chinese name sounds like calculating (“”) in Mandarin. It symbolizes wealth with lots of money.


I personally like my leek with Chinese sausage. In order to bring out the flavour I fry the sausage before adding into leek. If you happen to have leftovers, this stir fry leek is good to go.


Stir fry leek with Chinese Sausage
Recipe from my mother kitchen
Ingredients:
(A)
200g leeks (about 3 stalks)
1 Chinese sausage (
腊肠)
2 firm tofu (tau kua)
3 gloves garlic

2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil

(B)
1 teaspoon light soya sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
100ml water

Methods:
~Preparation
1. Wash the leek. Slice diagonally about 5cm lengths. Keep white part separately from green leaves.

2. Slice Chinese sausage diagonally.

3. Cut tofu into 5-6 slices each.

4. Dice garlic.


~Cooking
1. Heat up wok. Add in vegetable oil. Pan fried tofu slices till brown. Remove and set aside. Drain out excess oil and leave about a teaspoon of oil in wok.

2. Add in sliced sausage. Fry at low heat till fragrant and brown at edges. Some oil will release from sausage. Remove and set aside.

3. With the oil in wok, add in diced garlic. Fry till fragrant and lightly brown. Add in light soya, oyster sauce, cooking wine and lastly water in sequence. Bring to boil.

4. Pour in brown tofu and bring to boil again. Add in white part of leek. Stir fry for few minutes. Lastly add in green leek and brown sausage. Toss for 1-2 minutes and dish out. 

I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover

5 comments:

  1. Yes Vivian, this was a dish that made it to our dining table very frequently when I was staying with my grandma. She used roast pork instead of the chinese sausage. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try cooking this for cny this year, sounds delicious and simple. Happy cny to you Vivian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly delicious food. My husband really likes this food and they wanted to cook this again. Can you post more recipe for stir fry? Anyway, I will spend my time to always check your blog for coming new updates. Thank you!.

    chicken stir fry

    ReplyDelete
  4. 韭菜腊肠,这菜做的很地道
    滑豆腐可以?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Taste just nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...