Monday, May 14, 2012

Japanese Style Crispy Pork

Pin It Now!
This is our family favourite dish, crispy pork chop. I learn this dish from a Taiwanese cooking show. It is really easy to prepare.  


Some of you might concern about problem of keeping used oil after deep frying. I have the same thinking as you too. Crispy = deep fry with lots of oil. After watching the show I learn that actually crispness can be achieved with pan fry (amount of oil about half way cover the food). I pan fry in 2 batches. So this can minimize the consumption of oil. Hope you will try.



Ingredients:
8 pieces pork loin (about half of palm size with 1cm thick)
50ml water
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
 
~Coating
Few tbsp low protein flour (or replace with all-purpose flour)
An egg (slightly beaten)
Some breadcrumb
 
Methods:
1. Tenderized the pork slices and set aside.


2. Dissolve the salt and pepper in the water. Add in the tenderized pork and marinate about 30 minutes.


3. Place the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumb separately.


4. Place the pork slice on kitchen towel to dry. Coat the pork with flour, egg and lastly breadcrumb. Proceed with the rest till finish. Leave aside for about 10-15 minutes. Now is ready for pan fry.


5. Heat up a wok. Pour in vegetable oil (about half way cover the pork slices). Arrange the coated pork slice inside. Fry with medium low heat till cooked and golden brown. 
*do not fry with high heat as the breadcrumb will get burn easily.


6. Place on kitchen towel to drain excess oil. Serve!







I'm sharing this post via Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Wow Vivian I wish to try this out. So crispy just like I had during my Taiwan trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vivian, your crispy pork look very delicious and tempting. Wish I can have a bite now, LOL

    Have a nice day, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork chop rice used to be my fav ! Yours look truly tempting. Btw, wishing a Happy Belated Mother's Day, Vivian. Have a great week ahead.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like deep fried stuff. I will try this out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Viv,
    This looks pretty delicious..i bet it is crispy outside, soft and tender inside. My boys will love to have this. Then this will be our family favorite too...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds a great pork dish. Tomorrow Food on Friday is all about pork. It would be great if you popped by and linked this in. Cheers

    Ps I am following you and hope that, if you like my blog, you will follow Carole's Chatter too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super that you linked this in. Have a greet week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your recipe via Carole's Chatter. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...